What is a physiotherapist’s expertise?
Physiotherapists are experts of movement. Whether you have immobility or chronic pain, physiotherapists are able to investigate and determine the root cause of the pain. They determine what muscles and joints need to be treated and how.
When should I go see a physiotherapist?
Come for physiotherapy if you have immobility, an injury, or chronic pain that affects your body's function. Additionally, Our Physiotherapists can help you with sports rehabilitation and sports performance.
We do both preventative and reactive treatment, meaning we do treatment not only in response to issues that arise, but also beforehand to help conditioning and performance so that the injuries never occur.
People are commonly referred to physiotherapy after surgery such as a hip replacement, and our physiotherapists can help improve your post-surgical recovery, and prevent deconditioning and muscle atrophy.
What Treatments do our Physiotherapists Provide?
- Range of Motion (ROM) Exercises
- Joint Manipulations and Mobilizations
- Pre and post-surgery rehabilitation
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Kinesiology Taping
- Advice for at Home Treatment
- Biomedical Dry Needling
What can I expect at physiotherapy?
Your session will be tailored to your exact needs, but commonly, here's what happens:
- The physiotherapist learns about your medical history
- The physiotherapist conducts an assessment to diagnoses your condition
- You receive a treatment plan that will set goals to achieve
- You are prescribed a system of exercises based on your condition