Appointment Cancellation Policy
We understand that unplanned issues can come up and you may need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. If that happens, we respectfully ask for at least 24 hours notice in advance to avoid any cancellation fees.
Our Service Providers want to be available for your needs and the needs of all our clients. When a client does not show up for a scheduled appointment, another client loses an opportunity to be seen. Circumstances have caused us to enforce a policy for no-show and late cancellation appointments as following:
- Full Price for a No-Show.
- Full price for a cancellation or rescheduling less than 15 hours prior to the appointment.
- $50 fee for a cancellation or rescheduling within the 15 to 24 hour mark prior to the appointment.
- All these fees are to ensure compensation to the staff for their valuable time.
Thank you for being a valued client, for your understanding, and your cooperation as we institute this policy. This policy will enable us to open otherwise unused appointment slots to better sere the needs of all our clients.
We understand that emergency and special situations do come up; should situations arise, please contact us as early as possible to avoid extra charges.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
From the Staff of Acupuncture & Massage Clinic
Our Privacy Commitment
Alberta Acupuncture Massage Clinic is committed to protecting your personal information, and ensuring that all personal information under our care, custody and control will be regarded as confidential. Patients, their legal representatives and authorized users may access their own personal information contained in records held by us. We also ensure the confidentiality of personal information related to its employees, medical staff and volunteers.
Disclosure of Information
Our clinic does not sell your personal information. However, we may disclose your information as permitted or required by law:
- To a government institution or other person or entity that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information
- Where we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity
- To comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or entity with jurisdiction to compel the production of information
- To comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information
- To our legal counsel
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your personal information is a high priority for us. We maintain appropriate safeguards and current security standards to protect your personal information, whether recorded on paper or captured electronically, against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse. Although we cannot take responsibility for any theft, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction of data by a third party, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences
Service length changes after patient arrives
Client late for appointment: depends on the availability of the therapist, we may still offer the same length of the service, or the therapist may have to cut short the service, but the full price of the original booked service will be charged .
The Therapist late to the appointment: if the client is not available to extend the time of the service, due to the therapist running behind, the service will be finished at the time that original service was supposed to be, the new price of exact service that was provided will be charged.
The client request to extend the length of their service after arrival: a written request will need to be signed before or after service, new fees will be changed to the service that rendered.